Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Art 348 Self-Assessment

Frazetta!


  • For the most part my work is progressing well. I've been more dedicated this term than I have in the past. Outside of our class assignments I've been doing a lot "studies" on my own time; things like reading books and studying other artists and trying to emulate their work.
  • I know I still have a lot to improve on, and I'm very determined to strengthen my weaknesses. I still need to work on perspective, color, composition... I basically need to strengthen and master the fundamentals. I would like to see my work totally evolve in all aspects. I want my stuff to start looking professional. 
  • Aside from technical skill, I feel pretty good about my knowledge concerning Character and Environment design and how to improve further. I'm actually really interested in learning more about storyboard stuff because I want to do more comic book stuff, also I've been thinking about experimenting with 2D animation. 
  • I've got a couple final project ideas. The Nomad project (Game), Carceri (Game), Dead Beats (Comic), Mark of the Macabre (Comic), Internship Portfolio. 
  • I look at a lot of artists, you can find a list of current artists at the bottom of my blog. I also look at an assortment of artists from older generations and the Old Masters. Frank Frazetta, Piranesi (recently), Rembrandt, Goya, Durer, etc. Aspects of their work I would like to emulate? I think the phrase "Fantastic Believability" sums up what they all have in their work that I want to have in mine. They understood what it took to make a captivating piece of art. I'm really interested in finding out what it takes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment