Thursday, April 25, 2013

Time to build a world - Creating a map

So I've decided to Build this world that I've been thinking about for a long time. It's really for a story that's been in the back of my mind for years but I didn't really know how I was going to get it out.

So I'm going to start by building the world my story takes place in. I'll start with geographical maps, then I'll write out the histories, create the cultures, create their peoples, and so on.

I'm really picturing this story being made into a graphic novel and/or being made as an animated series. However it could also be told through a video game (I was thinking a turn-based strategy rpg, since there will be emphasis on war and battle).

The story will be a fantasy epic that is more grounded in reality than most fantasies. It's not really restricted to just fantasy though, there will be a mix of all my favorite genre stuff. This story is basically going to be like my love letter to my favorite genres, books, movies, tv shows, comics, and video games.

Thus far I've done an outline of the world map; and I'll proceed to detail it further and later paint it so it looks like a cool explorers map.
A plain line drawing of my world

No comments:

Post a Comment